As a millennial mom, I understand how challenging it can be to find time for yourself and prioritize your health amidst the demands of motherhood. However, I also know the importance of taking care of yourself and setting the tone for a productive and fulfilling day. That’s why I’ve made it a habit to incorporate a morning routine into my daily routine, and the benefits have been tremendous!
From increased energy levels to improved mood and focus, a morning workout has become an essential part of my day and I want to share with you why it should be part of yours too. So, let’s dive into the power of starting your day with a morning fitness routine!
What does my morning look like
Over the last few months I have been asked about my morning routine. I speak highly of creating routines and habits that allow you to be the most productive in your day. As a mother of 3 girls, business owner, homeschool mom, and involved in our church community. The importance of having time to myself has quickly become a personal favorite of mine. As I share what has worked with me with those around me, lot’s of questions have come up on what exactly does my morning routine look like and what do I do.
However, I can tell you that its been so helpful to start my day in conversation with the Lord. I have morning bible reading, prayer, and meditation. This helps set a positive and peaceful tone for my day and provide a sense of grounding and connection to Jesus. I have noticed that since starting this in the mornings I look for more opportunities to share his story, his love and my emotional state for the day is in peace. Prepping and preparing breakfast for the kids is a simple process I do in the morning routine, allowing for a smooth and stress-free start to the day.
This allows the girls to wake up, breakfast on the table and we go right into conversation about the day vs talking about what they want to eat. It really lowers the stress of the morning by having it already ready to go before they wake up. By taking care of these important tasks and practices in the morning, I can start my day feeling organized and ready to tackle whatever comes my way. Here is a quick list of things that I take care of before the kids are up, before my husband is awake, and allowing me the perfect morning alone with my warm cup of coffee.
- Bible Time
- Affirmations + Gratitude refection
- Sometimes workout depending on days demands
- Prep Breakfast and get things ready for the kids to wake
benefits of a morning fitness routine
As a fitness professional, I can’t stress enough the importance of making time for yourself and your health, especially in the morning. Trust me, the benefits of a morning fitness routine are worth it! If the workout part is something you strive to hit, here are some wonderful things that will become the outcome of making it part of your morning.
- Boosts Energy Levels: Say goodbye to the mid-morning slump! Starting your day with a quick workout will give you a natural energy boost and set the tone for a productive day ahead. You’ll feel more alert, awake, and ready to tackle anything that comes your way.
- Improves Mood: Exercise has been shown to release endorphins, which are the body’s feel-good hormones. So, starting your day with a workout can help improve your mood and increase your overall sense of well-being.
- Increases Focus and Concentration: A morning workout can help improve your cognitive function and increase your focus and concentration throughout the day. This is especially important for us busy moms who have to multitask and be on the go all day.
- Helps Establish a Healthy Habit: Incorporating a morning workout into your daily routine helps establish a healthy habit and sets the tone for making healthy choices throughout the day. It’s a great way to start your day on the right foot and give yourself a mental and physical boost.
- Provides Quality “Me” Time: Let’s be honest, as moms, we often put everyone else’s needs before our own. A morning workout can provide a much-needed break from the demands of motherhood and give you some quality “me” time. Take this time to focus on yourself, your health, and your goals.
In conclusion, a morning fitness routine is a fantastic way to start your day. Heck, any morning routine will give you a new light to your day. It provides numerous benefits, including increased energy levels, improved mood, increased focus and concentration, and even some much-needed “me” time.
So, go ahead and give it a try! Your body (and mind) will thank you.